PALLBEARER presents their galloping rendition of Pink Floyd’s “Run Like Hell” from the upcoming THE WALL [REDUX], streaming now via Revolver
Magnetic Eye Records readies massive Floyd homage featuring The Melvins, Ruby the Hatchet, Mark Lanegan, ASG, Scott Reeder and more for November release.
A project sparked by the significance of walls in our society and nearly 18 months in the making, Magnetic Eye Records’ exhaustive re-imagining of one of Pink Floyd’s most ambitious achievements is nearly here.
Following a successful Kickstarter funding campaign to get the project underway, Magnetic Eye worked closely with artists around the world to re-build the iconic concept album from end-to-end via the colossal tones that are the stock-in-trade of the stoner, doom, and riff-rock genres.
THE WALL [Redux] sees a massive cross-section of established scene luminaries and ambitious newcomers including The Melvins, Greenleaf, Mark Lanegan, ASG, Sasquatch and WhiteNails taking on tracks. Many were invited to put their spin on specific songs, while others were offered their pick.
Discussing their choice of classic rock radio staple “Run Like Hell,” Pallbearer says:
“We were excited to take on RLH because it would give us the opportunity to totally subvert the notion that we would end up doing something obvious. The song is already kind of outside of the realm of our already-Floyd-indebted style. It was different for them, so it gave us a chance to really think outside the box.”
And on their up-tempo, almost early-Maiden-esque rendition, they say:
“Our initial inspiration on how to approach it actually came from watching as many early live performances of it as we could find. We found that all of them were really vicious sounding, and a bit unhinged. They just felt off the rails, so we decided to just go full steam in that direction.”
Magnetic Eye Records will release THE WALL [REDUX] and the companion album, Best of Pink Floyd [REDUX], on November 9th. Pre-orders for both are available now at this location.
Pallbearer’s rendition of “Run Like Hell” will be available via digital streaming single on Spotify and instant delivery via iTunes beginning September 14th.
The full tracklist for The Wall [Redux] is as follows:
1. In the Flesh? – The Melvins
2. The Thin Ice – Low Flying Hawks
3. Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 1 – Ghastly Sound
4. The Happiest Days of Our Lives – Sergeant Thunderhoof
5. Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2 – Sasquatch
6. Mother – ASG
1. Goodbye Blue Sky – Mos Generator
2. Empty Spaces – Domkraft
3. Young Lust – The Slim Kings
4. One of My Turns – Worshipper
5. Don’t Leave Me Now – Spaceslug
6. When the Tigers Broke Free – Year of the Cobra
7. Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 3 / Goodbye Cruel World – Greenleaf
1. Hey You – Summoner
2. Is There Anybody Out There? – Scott Reeder
3. Nobody Home – Mark Lanegan
4. Vera – Ruby the Hatchet
5. Bring the Boys Back Home – Sunflo’er
6. Comfortably Numb – Mars Red Sky
1. The Show Must Go On – Open Hand
2. In the Flesh – Solace
3. Run Like Hell – Pallbearer
4. Waiting for the Worms – WhiteNails
5. Stop – Blue Heron
6. The Trial – Church of The Cosmic Skull
7. Outside the Wall – Yawning Man