Jonathan Jackson, the five-time Daytime EMMY Award-winning actor who currently stars as “Avery Barkley” on the show Nashville is coming to play with his band, Jonathan Jackson + Enation to play The Club at Stage AE on May 21. They are releasing their new Blame-shifter EP on May 13, 2016 which has five new songs and a great cover of “Unchained Melody” that was performed live from The Grand Ole Opry.
Blame-shifter Track Listing:
- “Let The Beauty Out”
- “Unchained Melody” (Live At The Grand Ole Opry)
- This is the band’s first new music their since 2014 album Radio Cinematic, which Billboard Magazine called “…contemporary, anthemic rock — Jackson proudly wears the influence of U2, Peter Gabriel and Coldplay on his sleeve as influences — is certainly something different…” and Rolling Stone said is “Filled with electric guitars, chest-beating vocals and swirling synths…”
- Blame-shifter, was produced by Grammy nominated producer Greg Archilla (Matchbox 20, Collective Soul) and features five new songs plus a cover of “Unchained Melody” recorded live at The Grand Ole Opry. The new songs will also be a part of their next full length album which will be announced later this year.
- For this release, the band decided to be fully independent again so they can be more interactive with their fans. They created a PledgeMusic pre-order campaign to allow their fans to be a part of the making of Blame-shifter. Their fans will be the first to get the new EP as well as have access to exclusive experiences and items including a variety of autographed merchandise options, a making of Blame-shifter documentary film, VIP meet & greet opportunities and even an executive producer credit on the album among other great selections. The PledgeMusic campaign ended on April 5th with the band reaching 103% of their goal.
- Like any siblings, guitarist Jonathan Jackson and drummer Richard Lee Jackson used to specialize in discord. Their preteen years in Washington state involved a lot of “rolling around on the ground and punching, choking, all kind of things,” recalls the latter but once Jonathan (then 11) finally convinced his reluctant older brother (then 14) to jam with him in their parents’ basement, cacophony led way to harmony — and that formed an unwavering foundation for Jonathan Jackson + Enation which also includes longtime friend, bassist Daniel Sweatt. The brothers first dipped their toes into music “professionally” as members of Scarlet Road, a classic-rock band with their father, country artist Ricky Lee Jackson, and his brother Gary. Jonathan just was 14 and Richard 17 when, decked out in leather, they performed songs such as U2’s “Bullet the Blue Sky” to adult concertgoers at venues like the Whiskey a Go Go. These trials by fire helped tighten up their live shows.
Jonathan Jackson + Enation Tour Dates (With Beat Root Revival):
May 15 – Uncasville, CT @ Wolf Den At Mohegan Sun
May 19 – Indianapolis, IN @ The HI-FI
May 20 – Columbus, OH @ A and R Music Bar
May 21 – Pittsburgh, PA @ The Club at Stage AE
June 4 – Kansas City, MO @ Knuckleheads Saloon
June 10 – Huntsville, AL @ Furniture Factory Bar & Grill
June 11 – Memphis, TN @ Minglewood Hall
June 17 – Atlanta, GA @ Vinyl
June 18 – Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre
June 22 – Dewey Beach, DE @ Rusty Rudder
June 23 – Philadelphia, PA @ World Café Live
June 25 – Hampton, VA @ Hampton Block Party